Monday, May 18, 2009

The Progression of RFI's

When I started this job, if a question came up on a project, the contractor called, we discussed a solution, and he did it.

Then came RFI's. If a question came up on a project, the contractor called, we discussed a solution, he faxed a RFI, I wrote the solution on the fax and faxed it back... and he did it.

Now we have this system, if a question came up on a project, the contractor called, we discussed a solution, he sends a FAX to the general, he copies that, generates another form, and another form, sends all three to my email box (that's three documents of any number of pages) I have a totally messed up email box, and since none of the documents have the same name, I have to print out everything, figure out which form to respond to, go to it respond, print out the response, the contractor gets the response and he does it.


I love progress.

From a contractor friend of Eric D.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.