Monday, March 28, 2011

The One and Only - Lady Gaga


Wednesday night I was in an arena full of “little monsters”, mesmerized by the one and only Lady Gaga. And what a show, the girl can belt….and dance….and entertain: a real triple threat. How fun to catch a talent at the height of their career, her song “Born this Way” has been on the top of the charts for 6 weeks and she did a slow, Elton John piano style version of it that rocked the house! On a personal note, it was the first time for me in General Admission. Ok, I had no idea that General Admission meant “no seats” till I got there, and my dear friend Lurline was livid: two short women standing in the mosh pit! I have been to many concerts but this time I discovered that standing on the floor near the stage becomes a communal experience and you are one with the music and your fellow concert-goers in a way that you don’t experience in the seats! Loved it, would buy General Admission again. If you’ve never heard Gaga’s music, you should. If you are freaked out by her image, don’t be. Just close your eyes and listen.


-Naaz

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.