Monday, February 1, 2010

Architecture for 5 cents


I came across this article about an out-of-work architect and his plan to pull himself out of this economic pit. He lost his job (twice) in 2008 and decided to put up a home-made stand at a local farmers market. His pitch was to offer architectural advice for 5 cents. It worked. His modest approach has led him to multiple opportunities. A two-story home addition, a deck, a master bedroom, etc. Small work but its work he's enjoying... and he made more last year than any year prior working for someone else. As he put it... “It’s developed into what I was supposed to do. It’s a lot of work, it’s scary, but I love every minute of it. If someone offered me $80,000 to sit behind a computer, I wouldn’t do it.”
-Brian L.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.